Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Being senior at or graduated from a high school.
- Having an eligible nationality. This is applicable for those who are:
- foreign nationals
- foreign nationals who hold Turkish citizenship.
- foreign nationals who acquired Turkish citizenship.
- Turkish citizens by birth who have renounced their Turkish citizenship by permission of the Ministry of Interior.
- Turkish citizens whose parents have renounced their citizenship and are named in the renunciation of their parents, but have a permit allowing them the rights of a Turkish citizen.
- Turkish citizens who have completed their whole secondary education in a Turkish institution established abroad by the Turkish Ministry of Education, with the exception of those in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
- Turkish citizens who started their secondary education abroad after 1 February 2013 who will have completed their entire high school education abroad. This includes students who have completed their whole secondary education in Turkish institutions established abroad by the Turkish Ministry of Education in a country other than the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
- Having received a minimum score on a national/international exam or meeting a minimum high school GPA (Grade Point Average)
- Any applicant providing the result of an entrance exam to higher education institutions such as Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) must have taken the exam within two years prior to the application.
- Those who meet the criteria according to their country of origin.
Click here to see the lists of exams and minimum scores approved by our university for each country.
- Candidates are required to apply online to the Student Registrar’s Office (OIDB) within the specified deadlines.
- All documents received by the Office will not be returned to the candidate.
- Placement results are announced on the website of our university’s International Office.
- Students who register in the departments where the medium of instruction is English are subject to fulfil the Social Sciences University of Ankara’s Foreign Languages rules and regulations that may be found in the Student Handbook.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION
- Online Completed application form
- High School Diploma and Its Translation: If the high school diploma is not in Turkish or English, it should be translated into Turkish or English by a certified translator and submitted together with the original diploma during the registration. Candidates who do not have their diploma by the time of the application, can apply with a certificate of attendance from their high school.
- Candidates are required to present a valid Recognition of Qualifications during the final registration. Confirmation from the National Ministry of Education or Turkish Embassy that the high school diploma is compatible with a Turkish high school diploma, and is recognized by Turkish Education Authority.
- Transcripts: The candidates have to submit their official high school transcripts showing the courses taken during their high school education. This must be signed and stamped by the school authority. The transcript must include all grades of any courses taken for the duration of the student’s high school education. If the high school transcripts are not in Turkish or in English, a translation of the transcripts into Turkish or English by a Certified Translator Offices must be presented.
- Valid Exam Results: The valid exam results, which have been approved by ASBU from the list of the country of origin, must be sent.
- Copy of the Photo Page of the Passport: Applicants who have passports are required to send a copy of their passport photo page. The passport page does not have to be officially certified.
- Applicants with dual citizenship must send a document showing that their first nationality is not Turkish.
- Copy of Blue Card (if available)
- Citizens of Syria are required to submit their Temporary Protection Identity Card (Foreigners Identity Document) as a result of the current political and humanitarian crisis in Syria.
- Bank receipt confirming payment of 100 TL application fee.
411 ANIT / ANKARA ŞB.
TR92 0001 2009 4110 0006 0000 17
- Successful applicants are required to register with International Students Office within the registration deadline.
Documents required for registration:
- Completed Application form
- Original High School Diploma and Certificate of Equivalence, (A Turkish copy approved by the Turkish Embassy or Consulate)
- Foreign Language Proficiency Document (If required for the program)
- Turkish Proficiency Document (If required for the program)
- A copy of the applicant’s student visa obtained at a Turkish Embassy or Consulate
- A copy of an official identity card or photo page of the passport.
- Bank receipt showing tuition fee has been paid, (See TABLE 1 for tuition fees)
- 4 passport size photos
- An official or notarised document showing the applicant has sufficient fund to continue their study at the University
- A copy of their residency permit (International students are required to obtain a residence permit from the Immigration Office and must present a copy to the University.)
- Documents required in order to obtain a residency permit.
- Student Residency Permit Application Form (This form is produced by the system when the application has been completed on the e-residence [e-ikamet] system online; the form should be printed out and signed),
- The original and a copy of the applicant’s passport or other official photographic form of identification (the applicant must have a passport or other photographic identity form that is valid for 60-daysand beyond the requested permit time),
- Photograph (taken in the last six months, on a white background and biometric; 4 pictures should be submitted),
- Valid health insurance
- Declaration of sufficient regular financial resources to be used throughout the duration of the applicant’s residence (This is stated at the application; however, supporting documents may be required to provide evidence)
- A valid address declaration (signed/ e-signed/ sealed/wet stamped if stays in dormitory, or notary certified tenancy contract),
DATE FOR APPLICATION
Applications of international students are accepted all through the year. The applications are evaluated and the results are announced on the website of International Office by approximately one month before the academic year.
Begin your online application.
University of Social Sciences University International Office
Hükümet Meydanı No: 2
06050 Ulus, Altındağ, ANKARA
Phone: +90 312 596 46 41